Garden Hearts® Black Forest Ham Salad
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 Servings
|4||Garden Hearts® Jumbo Hearts of Romaine
|2||10 oz. country-loaf style bread, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1||cup olive oil|
|1/2||cup red wine vinegar|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2||teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1||pound Fontina cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|1||large yellow, meaty heirloom tomato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|1||large red, meaty heirloom tomato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|1/2||cup celery, sliced|
|1||small red onion, chopped|
|1/4||cup fresh parsley, minced|
|1||pound smoked Black Forest ham, cut into 1/2 inch (or smaller) cubes|
|8||sprigs fresh parsley for garnish|
1. Cut one inch from the base of the Garden Hearts Jumbos, rinse under cold, running water and let air-dry. Cut crosswise into 1-inch strips, place in a large bowl and chill.
2. Toss the bread cubes with 1/2 cup of olive oil and spread on a large baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F, stirring once or twice, until crisp and lightly brown on the outside but still soft on the inside (about 15 minutes); let cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil, whisking constantly.
4. Add the cheese, tomatoes, celery, onion and parsley and toss. Add the croutons, toss to coat and let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Add Garden Hearts and ham and toss salad, adding a parsley sprig for garnish, and serve.
| next recipe previous recipe