Garden Hearts® Caesar with Orange-marinated Pork Tenderloin
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 Servings
|4||12-ounce pork tenderloins, trimmed|
|2||tablespoons black pepper, coarsely ground|
|4||Garden Hearts® Petite Hearts of Romaine
|12||ounces Garden Hearts® Ultimate Caesar Dressing|
|Zest strips of fresh orange peel|
|1-1/2||cups orange juice|
|1-2||cup soy sauce|
|1/4||cup olive oil|
|3||tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped|
|3||garlic cloves, chopped|
|4||flat anchovy filets, mashed|
|3||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||tablespoon Dijon mustard|
cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
|1/4||cup wine vinegar|
teaspoon kosher salt
|1/4||teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|2||cups extra virgin olive oil|
|1||cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.|
1. Place marinade ingredients in a zip-lock bag with pork tenderloins and marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. In a blender or mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, anchovies, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk well until foamy.
3. Gradually add the extra virgin olive oil in a slow pace so the mixture can absorb the oil until fully emulsified. Add the Parmesan cheese. The dressing will have a thick consistency so it will adhere well to the lettuce. Refrigerate until ready for use.
4. Generously pepper tenderloins and pan sear medium-well.
5. Bring the marinade to a boil in a small saucepan and set aside for use as a sauce.
6. Toss washed, whole-leaf Garden Hearts Petites in the Caesar dressing and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and croutons, as desired.
7. Arrange Garden Hearts on the plate and top with pork tenderloin, sliced on a slight bias. Drizzle with marinade and garnish with orange zest strips.
| next recipe previous recipe