Garden Hearts® Warm Bacon Salad
Click on photo to enlarge
Yield: 8 servings
|4||Garden Hearts® Petite Hearts of Romaine|
|3||tablespoons lemon juice|
|1/2||tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1||tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|12||strips of thick-sliced, smoked bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|1||medium-sized white onion, chopped|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||cups Toybox or other small tomatoes|
|salt and pepper to taste|
1. Cut one inch from the base of the Garden Hearts® and separate into individual leaves. Rinse well under cold running water; air dry completely and chill.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice, ketchup, Worcestershire and mustard; set aside.
3. Place wok over high heat. Once the pan is very hot, add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove wok from heat and lift bacon out with a slotted spoon. Remove drippings and reserve one cup.
4. Reheat wok to high and add the cup of reserved bacon drippings. Add onion and garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add lemon juice mixture and bring to a quick boil.
5. Add the romaine leaves and tomatoes to the wok, toss quickly and pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
6. Add the bacon and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
| next recipe previous recipe