Garden Hearts® Skillet with John Dory and Basil Fried Tomatoes
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 1 Serving
|1||Garden Hearts® Petite Heart of Romaine Lettuce|
|1||6-ounce John Dory filet|
|2||cups white wine|
|1/4||cup fresh lemon juice|
|1/2||cup olive oil|
|1||red, ripe tomato, cut into thick slices|
|1/2||cup fresh basil, finely chopped|
1. Butter small, individual service, cast iron skillet.
2. Wash Garden Hearts® and cut in half lengthwise. Arrange romaine halves "head to tail" in the center of the skillet.
3. Place filet on the Garden Hearts® and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
4. Add wine and lemon juice to skillet and bring to a boil on stovetop.
5. Once boiling, cover and place in pre-heated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
6. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Press both sides of the tomato slices into the basil and pan fry for three minutes on each side.
7. Place fried tomatoes on top of the John Dory and serve in the skillet.
Orange roughy can be substituted for the John Dory.
| next recipe previous recipe