Garden Hearts® Spicy Asian Noodle Salad
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 Servings
|4||Garden Hearts® Petite Hearts of Romaine
|4||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||tablespoons dark sesame oil|
|2||cloves garlic, finely sliced|
|3||cups Chinese long beans, cooked, cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces|
|1||pound young carrots, peeled, cooked, cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces|
|1||cup green onion, cut diagonally including the green|
|Salt to taste|
|1||pound Chinese egg noodles, cooked and well drained|
|6||tablespoons soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon bean sauce|
|1/4||teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1||1-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped|
|12||ounces of firm tofu, cubed and browned in olive oil|
|1/2||teaspoon fresh jalapeno pepper, minced|
|1/2||cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped|
|3||tablespoons toasted sesame seeds|
1. Cut one inch from the base of the Garden Hearts Petites and separate into individual leaves. Rinse under cold, running water. Pat gently dry with paper towels, wrap in clean cloth or paper towel, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare all above-listed ingredients as specified.
3. In a wok, heat the oils, add garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Quickly add vegetables, pasta, soy sauce, bean sauce, pepper and ginger. Stir well. In a hot wok this will only take a minute.
4. As soon as all ingredients are well tossed, pour mixture into an extra large salad bowl or onto a cookie sheet to cool.
5. Once at room temperature, sprinkle mixture with the tofu, jalapeno, cilantro and sesame seeds; toss lightly.
6. Arrange the Garden Hearts leaves on serving dish and top with Asian noodle salad.
| next recipe previous recipe