Garden Hearts® Sushi Style
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 Servings
|8||ounces ahi tuna|
|8||ounces hamachi (yellowfin tuna)|
|salt and pepper|
|8||ounces beef tenderloin|
|6||large spinach and tomato-flavored wraps (or thin tortillas)|
|4||Garden Hearts® Petite Hearts of Romaine Lettuce|
|2||cups shitake mushrooms, sliced, crisply fried and seasoned with sea salt|
Central American Herb Rub
|1/2||teaspoon chipotle peppers, chopped|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/8||cup parsley, chopped|
|1||bunch oregano, chopped|
|1/2||bunch thyme, chopped|
|3/4||cup sour cream|
|2||tablespoons white wine vinegar|
|1||tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|1/2||cup chives, chopped|
1. Cut one inch from the base of the Garden Hearts® and separate into individual leaves. Rinse under cold, running water. Pat gently dry with paper towels.
2. Cut ahi, hamachi and tenderloin into half-inch strips.
3. Rub fish with wasabi, salt and pepper and the beef tenderloin with herb rub.
4. Pan sear each in a very hot, lightly oiled saute' pan until rare.
5. Combine dressing ingredients and toss with washed, whole-leaf Garden Hearts®. Arrange on nori sheets and warm wraps.
6. Place hamachi on nori, tuna on spinach wrap and tenderloin on tomato wrap. Take care not to tear nori or wraps.
7. Slice rolls into one-inch pieces and present sushi-style. Garnish with shitake mushroom chips.
| next recipe previous recipe