Garden Hearts® Wheels with Beef Tenderloin
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 servings
|4||Garden Hearts® Jumbo Hearts of Romaine Lettuce|
|1||4-pound beef tenderloin, defatted and trimmed|
|salt and coarsely ground black pepper|
|8||ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled|
|2||cups olive oil|
|2||cup balsamic vinegar|
|1 - 1/2||cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped|
|1||pinch of sugar|
|salit and coarsely ground black pepper|
1. Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl; add salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
2. Cut 1/4" from stems of the Garden Hearts®. Keeping the leaves intact, rinse well, inside and out, under cold running water. Drip-dry completely and chill.
3. Slice the tenderloin into half-inch thick slices.
4. Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper. Barbecue or oven roast until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare (about 25 minutes).
5. Remove from the heat source and let rest for 10 minutes.
6. Slice the romaine hearts into one-inch thick wheels.
7. Place the first Garden Hearts® wheel on a platter, top with a filet slice and sprinkle with dressing. Add the next lettuce wheel and filet slice, continuing until you have 16 slices (two slices per serving).
8. Garnish with feta cheese and capers.
| next recipe previous recipe