Garden Hearts® Mediterranean
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 Servings
||Garden Hearts® Petite Hearts of Romaine
|24||ounces creamy goat cheese|
|8||slices pancetta, cut very thin|
|2||cups walnuts or pecans, finely chopped|
|8||cups chicken or vegetable stock|
|1 1/2||cups sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips|
|1 1/2||cups Kalamata olives, pitted|
|salt and pepper|
1. Wrapping in parchment, roll goat cheese into a 2-inch thick roll and refrigerate until firm. Cut into 8 half-inch thick slices, sprinkle both sides with nuts, and press gently to adhere. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
2. Freeze pancetta roll. Using a meat slicer, cut 8 thick slices and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. The pancetta should remain in its disk shape.
3. Rinse the Garden Hearts Petites well, inside and out. Place in a lightly buttered saute' pan and add stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
4. Steam the Garden Hearts for five minutes, remove with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Add sun-dried tomatoes to the broth and simmer for five minutes. Add capers and pitted olives; season with salt and pepper.
5. To assemble, place one head of the steamed Garden Hearts on a large plate, add a slice of goat cheese on top of the lettuce, and place two generous tablespoons of sun-dried tomato on the side. Top with a pancetta disk for a striking presentation.
| next recipe previous recipe