Iceberg Babies® Citrus Mint Salad
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 servings
|8||Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®|
|2||bundles fresh mint|
|1||lime, thinly sliced mint crowns|
|16||ounces plain yogurt|
|1||tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped|
|1/2||cup fresh mint, sliced|
|honey to taste|
1. Rinse Iceberg Babies® under cold water, and allow to drip-dry completely.
2. Cut a generous slice from the bottom of the lettuce, removing about a quarter of the head. Remove some of the inner leaves to create a bowl; chiffonade the removed leaves and set aside.
3. Knife-peel grapefruit and oranges to fully remove skin and pith.
4. Cut fruit segments carefully into a mixing bowl, reserving the fruit juice.
5. Wash mint thoroughly, remove stems, and reserve crowns for garnish.
6. Cut mint leaves into thin strips and reserve 1/2 cup for the dressing.
7. Toss remaining mint with citrus segments and chill.
8. To prepare the dressing, combine yogurt, ginger and mint; stir well. Sweeten with honey, to taste, and chill.
9. To serve, place each Iceberg Babies® bowl on a bed of lettuce chiffonade to stabilize it on the plate.
10. Fill the bowl with citrus segments, add some juice, and garnish with a slice of lime and a mint sprig. Serve the dressing in a small dish on the side.
| next recipe previous recipe