Iceberg Babies® Cool Cucumber Avocado Soup
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 servings
|8||Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®|
|3||avocados, peeled and chopped|
|2||European cucumbers, unpeeled and chopped|
|1||cup chicken stock|
|1||cup cream or half-and-half|
|4||tablespoons chives, finely chopped|
|2||cups sour cream|
|4||tablespoons lemon juice|
|salt & pepper to taste|
|1/2||cup sour cream|
|1/2||cup chives, finely chopped|
1. Puree avocados and cucumbers in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add chicken stock, cream or half-and-half, and chives; blend.
2. Add sour cream and lemon juice; blend again. Add salt and pepper to taste; blend one last time to distribute flavors.
3. Chill in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
4. Cut off the stem of the Iceberg Babies®, rinse under cold water, and allow to drip dry completely. Cut off the cap of the lettuce, approximately one inch, and scoop out the center to create a bowl.
5. Finely chop the cap and the lettuce removed from the center; place on the service plate. Place the Iceberg Babies® bowl level on the lettuce and fill to the rim with chilled soup. Garnish each serving with a sliced cucumber topped with a dollop of sour cream and caviar of your choice. Sprinkle with chives.
| next recipe previous recipe