Iceberg Babies® with Grilled and Dilled Shrimp
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 servings
4 Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®
1 lime, juiced
2 lemons, juiced
3/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped (including the greens)
6 green onions, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
8 sprigs of dill, for garnish
1 lemon, cut into 8 slices for garnish
- Remove outer leaves of Iceberg Babies® and rinse head under cold running water. Allow to air dry and cut into four quarters.
- Remove the center leaves of the Iceberg Babies® and cut the removed leaves into a fine julienne. Set aside and chill.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and Dijon mustard to make a marinade.
- Place the shelled shrimp in a resalable plastic bag, add the marinade, close the bag and shake well to thoroughly coat the shrimp with the marinade. Refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and thread onto bamboo or metal skewers. Grill on both sides over hot coals (or high heat if using a grill pan) until pink. Remove from the grill, separate from the skewer and chill.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise and cream in a medium-size mixing bowl, whisking them together until creamy. Add the julienned lettuce, chopped dill, celery, green onions and pepper.
- Mix well and gently incorporate the grilled shrimp. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- For presentation, place two Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies® quarters on the serving plate, top with the grilled shrimp salad and garnish with lemon slice and sprig of dill.
| next recipe previous recipe