Iceberg Babies® Antipasto Salad
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 servings
|8||Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||red onion, thinly sliced|
|1/2||cup black kalamata olives, pitted and sliced|
|1/2||cup green picholine olives, pitted and sliced|
|1/2||cup pepperoncini, sliced|
|2||large roasted red peppers, seeded, peeled and sliced|
|2||cups marinated artichoke hearts|
|1/2||cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced and soaked in water for 5 minutes|
|1/2||pound smoked mozzarella, sliced and cut into 1-inch strips|
|1/2||pound hard Genoa salami, sliced and cut into 1-inch strips|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|2||tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|1/2||cup red wine vinegar|
|1/4||cup balsamic vinegar|
|1/2||cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2||teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes|
|1/4||cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped|
|1/4||cup pignoli (pine nuts), lightly roasted|
1. Cut off the stem of the Iceberg Babies®, rinse under cold water, and allow to drip dry completely. Cut each head into 6 wedges.
2. Combine garlic, onion, olives, peppers, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella and salami; gently toss together.
3. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well.
4. Add dressing to the antipasto salad and toss very gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Arrange the Iceberg Babies® wedges on a serving plate. Mound the antipasto along the stem side covering the bottom of the wedges.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley and pignoli.
| next recipe previous recipe