Iceberg Babies® Rosettes Caprese
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 servings
|8||Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®|
|8||six-ounce balls of fresh buffalo mozzarella|
|6||Brandywine tomatoes or other firm, fleshy red tomato variety|
|2||bunches fresh basil leaves|
|basil leaf crowns|
|2||cups extra virgin olive oil|
|1||cup aged balsamic vinegar|
|1||tablespoon fresh marjoram, finely chopped|
|1||tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped|
|1||tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped|
|salt and fresh, coarsely ground black pepper to taste|
1. Rinse Iceberg Babies® under cold water and allow to drip-dry completely.
2. Cut off the bottom (stem side) of each head and slice into quarter-inch rosettes.
3. Slice mozzarella into quarter-inch slices. Wash tomatoes and cut into quarter-inch slices.
4. Wash basil and remove stems; reserve crown for garnish.
5. To assemble, place one Iceberg Babies® rosette at the far edge of the plate, followed by a slide of tomato, and a slice of fresh buffalo mozzarella. Repeat and finish off with a rosette. Drizzle generously with dressing.
6. Garnish with caper berries and a basil leaf crown.
| next recipe previous recipe