Iceberg Babies® Calamari Salad
Click on photo to enlargeYield: 8 servings
|8||Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®|
|2||pounds fresh calamari with tentacles|
|2||tablespoons grapeseed oil|
|2||tablespoons fresh garlic, roughly chopped|
|1/4||teaspoon red chili flakes, crushed|
|1||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||cup Cabernet Sauvignon|
|4||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|3||tablespoons parsley, chopped|
|3||shallots, finely sliced|
|1||cup green olives, sliced|
1. Cut off the Iceberg Babies® stem, rinse under cold water, and allow to drip-dry completely.
2. Cut a generous slice from the bottom (stem side) of the lettuce, about 1/4 of the head, and remove some of the inner leaves to create a bowl.
3. Chiffonade removed lettuce and set aside.
4. Clean calamari tubes and tentacles; cut tubes into rings.
5. Heat grapeseed oil in a large saute' pan, add calamari, and saute' for one minute.
6. Add garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper, and continue saute'ing for another 2 minutes.
7. Add wine and simmer/reduce for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from heat, allow to cool, and drain off the liquid.
9. Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, shallots and green olives; toss well with the calamari and let marinate a minimum of 3 hours.
10. Place the Iceberg Babies®lettuce bowl on a bed of lettuce chiffonade to stabilize the plate and fill with the calamari
11. Garnish with lemon slice and a sprig of fresh parsley.
| next recipe previous recipe