- 4 Garden Heart® Petite Romaine Hearts
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups couscous
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps butter at room temperature
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- Bring water to a boil, add couscous and remove from flame. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 7 minutes. Uncover and fluff couscous with fork.
- Wash cauliflower, cut into small florets and blanch. Set aside 8 florets for garnish.
- Saute' cauliflower and red pepper with oil or butter. Add couscous and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut one inch from the base of the Garden Hearts Petites and separate into individual leaves. Blanch the leaves in boiling water. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in ice bath; remove from ice and pat dry.
- Butter eight 2-cup souffle' cups and arrange Garden Hearts with leaf tops at the center of the souffle' cup and the ends extending above the rim. Fill souffle' cups with couscous mixture, press firmly, and fold over the leaf ends to seal.
- Place filled souffle' cups on a cookie sheet, cover with foil, and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the marinara sauce.
- Remove souffle' cups from the oven. Turn each cup over onto a serving plate and remove the cup. Pour marinara sauce around the baked Garden Hearts.
- Garnish with cauliflower florets.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"Garden Hearts® provide the perfect texture to wrap this vegetarian dish."